Training at The Doggy Den is led by Janel M. Biglin, owner of Calm Canines Dog Training. Janel is a lifelong animal lover and has been working professionally in dog training and behavior since 2000. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and has played an important role in the Behavior and Training departments of three animal shelters, in Columbus as well as San Diego. Her philosophy is to use only gentle, positive methods to train dogs that are as fun for humans as they are for dogs. She will work with you and your family to help you have a dog you’ll enjoy!
Group Training Classes
- Beginning Dog Obedience: Wednesdays 7 pm
- Ages 5 months to adult
- Semi-private class size of 3-5 dogs
- 6 week class, first week is orientation
- Tuition: $109
* NO DOGS at the orientation to Beginning Obedience – humans only! Attending orientation is required to attend the class.
Please call (614-252-4211) or go to our contact page to inquire about training.
Beginning Obedience classes teach your dog to be a great companion and polite family member using all positive, science-based methods. Foundation for cues such as Sit, Down, Stay, Come and others will be taught as well as how to be a good leader and pet parent to your dog. No prior training is required.
Dogs must show NO aggression toward other dogs or people. Please contact Janel M. Biglin at (614)310-5154 if you have any questions about the suitability of your dog in a class setting. Dogs 6 months and older must be spayed/neutered prior to attending class.
What to bring:
- A non-retractable leash, preferably 6’ long and ¾” wide.
- A flat collar or body harness (no choke chains or prong collars).
- If your dog pulls a lot you can purchase an Easy-Walk Harness or if a strong puller schedule a Gentle Leader appointment to be shown fit and use of the head collar.
- A variety of about 50, pea-sized, high-value soft treats.
- Wear casual clothing and athletic shoes.
Classes meet at The Doggy Den, 1910 Memory Lane, Columbus, Ohio. Please print and fill out the Guest Registration and the Doggy Den Waiver and Release Form forms and bring them with you when you register, or you can fill them out at the Doggy Den. If you have any questions about registration, please call The Doggy Den at (614) 252-4211.
Janel is also available for private coaching in obedience, manners or behavior problem solving, either in your home or at The Doggy Den.